Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:4 minutes
Makes:2 to 4 servings
2 to 4 fully-cooked turkey breakfast sausage patties (2 to 4 oz.)
2 to 4 EGGS
2 to 4 Tbsp. milk
Salt and pepper
1 to 2 tsp. butter
2 slices American cheese, halved
- HEAT sausage according to package directions; keep warm.
- BEAT eggs, milk, salt and pepper in bowl until blended.
- HEAT butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. POUR IN egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, GENTLY PULL the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds.
- CONTINUE cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. REMOVE from heat.
- PLACE sausage patties on microwave-safe plate. TOP evenly with eggs, then with cheese. MICROWAVE on HIGH a few seconds, just to melt cheese. TOP with ketchup and pickles. SERVE immediately.
- Avoid cast iron. Eggs scrambled in a cast iron skillet can turn a greenish shade. This harmless but unappealing color change is the result of a chemical reaction between iron in the pan and sulfur in egg whites.
- Don't overcook. The heat retained in the pan will continue to cook and firm up the eggs after pan is removed from heat.
- How long to beat? It's a matter of preference. Light beating produces more dense scrambled eggs. Vigorous beating aerates the eggs, resulting in lighter fluffier curds.