Look Around, Agriculture is everywhere!
March 22th, 2022
Celebrate, Taste and Educate
With a Gubernatorial proclamation received, the Colorado Ag Council will be celebrating agriculture at the Capitol, March 21th, 2022
The main goal is to inform and educate:
- Goals of Organization or Business
- Why are you involved in this Ag Day!
- Tell the attendees, why Agriculture is important to all of us in Colorado
- Tell them how to contact your organization.
All of the presentations will be recorded and can be viewed at various times when time permits in the future.
A traditional activity of the Ag Day Celebrations is to provide an item to be placed in Legislator's recognition bag. This item helps us thank Legislators for participating in our Ag Day at the Capitol program and reminds them of the importance of the work we are all doing.
Why Celebrate Colorado Ag Day?
- Colorado agriculture provides abundant, nutritional products for consumers within the state and around the globe.
- A majority of Coloradans agree that maintaining and protecting agricultural and and water is important
- Farmers and ranchers play a vital role in producing wholesome, safe food provided to consumers.
- Agriculture ranks among the most important economic sectors in Colorado, supporting more than 195,000 jobs and generating an estimated $47 billion of economic
- Activity annually.
- Land in farms and ranches provides habitat for wildlife and open space, and innovative and sustainable farming practices ensure that our state’s resources will remain protected for generations to come.
- Farmers and ranchers are critical to Colorado agritourism, welcoming tourists from around the world and giving them a taste of the Colorado experience.
- Farmers and ranchers are innovative entrepreneurs and business leaders who remain resilient in their dedication to Colorado agriculture.