Get the family off to a delicious start by whipping up a batch of these Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Muffins. Even better, make ahead and freeze.
Total: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Servings: 12 Muffins
- 6 large EGGS
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped crisp cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- HEAT oven to 375°F. MIX flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pepper in large bowl.
- BEAT eggs and applesauce in medium bowl until blended. ADD to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. STIR IN cheese, bacon and parsley. SPOON evenly into 12 greased 3-inch muffin cups.
- BAKE in 375°F oven until tops are lightly browned and spring back when tapped with finger, 15 to 20 minutes. COOL in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. SERVE warm or cool completely.