Pressed for time in the morning? These satisfying egg muffins are easy to prep ahead, perfectly portioned, and portable for a nutritious weekday breakfast that’s reminiscent of pizza (which is never a bad thing).
Total: 45 minutes
Prep: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 36 pearls fresh mozzarella
- balsamic glaze, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the spinach and tomatoes until wilted, then place in a medium bowl. Add the fresh basil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Use a ¼ measuring cup to divide mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tin. Add 3 mozzarella pearls into each cup.
- Bake 18-23 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Serve with balsamic glaze. Refrigerate leftovers up to three days.