Adorable mini carrot cakes filled with classic cream cheese frosting! It’s the only way to eat carrot cake!
Total: 1 hour
Prep: 40 minutes
- 4 EGGS
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 oz. strained carrots (baby food)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch cloves
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 oz. unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- PREHEAT oven to 350˚ and spray a 13” x 18” sheet pan with rolled edges with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, SIFT the dry ingredients together.
- CREAM sugar and eggs in a large bowl. MIX in carrots until well blended. Alternately ADD the flour mixture and the oil, starting and ending with the flour mixture. MIX in vanilla.
- POUR into sheet pan and BAKE for 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- REMOVE from oven and let COOL. CUT out 18 round circles with a 3” biscuit cutter. ASSEMBLE 3 cake circles at a time by FROSTING the top of one, then layering a second circle on top of the first and FROSTING the top of the second, repeat some steps for the third. DECORATE tops of mini cakes as desired.
- BEAT together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. ADD vanilla and mix till blended.