Deviled eggs are hard boiled eggs where the yolk is mixed with mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. The little sprinkle of paprika on top is the perfect finishing touch.
Total: 30 minutes
Prep: 30 minutes
- 14 large hard-boiled EGGS
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- CUT eggs lengthwise in half. REMOVE yolks to medium bowl. RESERVE 24 white halves. Finely CHOP remaining four white halves and SET aside.
- MASH yolks with fork. ADD mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice and pepper; MIX well. ADD chopped egg whites, bacon, cheese and chives; MIX well.
- SPOON 1 Tbsp. yolk mixture into each reserved egg white half. REFRIGERATE, covered, to blend flavors. SPRINKLE with paprika just before serving if desired.