Get ahead of midday meltdowns with a next-level sammy for lunch. Whip up the recipe for Crabby Abby’s Egg & Cheese Meltdown
Total: 15 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
- 2 Large EGGS
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 4 slices Whole grain bread
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 4 slices Tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- SPREAD one side of each piece of bread with butter. SET aside.
- In a frying pan, MELT a slice of butter over low heat. FRY eggs to desired doneness, salt, and pepper to taste. REMOVE from heat and COVER to keep warm.
- HEAT separate large frying pan to medium-high heat. ADD 2 slices of bread, buttered side down. ADD slice of Pepper Jack cheese, TOP with fried egg. ADD the second slice of Pepper Jack cheese on top of fried egg and ADD 2 slices of tomato. TOP with the second slice of bread, buttered side up.
- COOK until pan side down bread is golden brown, about 5 minutes, then FLIP with spatula keeping sandwich together. Once the second side of the bread is golden brown, approximately 5 more minutes, REMOVE carefully from the pan and SERVE.