Get flexible with how you think about using eggs for family meals and try out Contortionist’s Folded Egg & Chorizo Tacos.
Total: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
- 4 large EGGS, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups russet potatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup beef chorizo
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 oz. cilantro
- HEAT one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. ADD potatoes and COOK for 5 minutes.
- ADD chorizo and stir, BREAKING it up with a large spoon. ADD salt and continue STIRRING until chorizo and potatoes cook thoroughly. REMOVE from heat and DISCARD any extra grease.
- HEAT remaining olive oil in a separate pan over medium heat. POUR eggs into the skillet. As eggs begin to SET, gently stir the eggs across the pan, forming large soft curds. Continue COOKING until no visible liquid egg remains. REMOVE from heat.
- FILL each tortilla with egg and potato mixture. TOP each with a dollop of sour cream and a cilantro sprig.