Total: 40 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Servings: 7 cups
- For Salad
- 3 large EGGS, hard-boiled and chopped
- 2 lbs. yellow potatoes, peeled (about 5 potatoes)
- 1 Tbsp. salt (divided)
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 canned large jalapeño in brine, chopped (reserve brine for dressing)
- 2 green onions, chopped (reserve the green tops for garnish)
- 1/2 cup Panela cheese, crumbled, for topping
- For Dressing
- 1 cup Mexican cream (or sour cream)
- 1 small avocado, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. canned jalapeño brine
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- PLACE potatoes with enough water to boil in a large saucepan over medium heat; bring to a BOIL. ADD 1/2 tablespoon salt and BOIL potatoes until fork tender, about 18-20 minutes. DRAIN and set aside to cool. When cooled, CUT into 3/4-inch cubes.
- MAKE dressing. COMBINE cream, avocado, vinegar, jalapeño brine, green onions and salt in blender container and BLEND until smooth.
- PLACE eggs, potato pieces, celery, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, green onion and the rest of the salt in a large bowl.
- POUR dressing over mixture and gently STIR, combining ingredients. REFRIGERATE at least 2 hours before serving. TOP with cheese and chopped green onions before serving.