Total: 12 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a blender add spinach, garlic, walnuts, Parmigiano cheese, salt, and pepper and blend for 10 to 15 seconds. Slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil while blending.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat a few drops of extra virgin olive oil. Crack 4 eggs and season them with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the whites set but the yolks are runny about 2 minutes.
- Spread a spoonful of spinach pesto on the toasted bread, and top with fried eggs.