- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 EGGS
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of rice
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoons butter,
- salt and black pepper
- 3–4 tablespoons soy sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Bring a small pot with water to a boil and cook diced carrots and peas until fork-tender. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Heat butter in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Pour in beaten eggs and let sit for about 30 seconds, then break them into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Cook and stir until cooked thoroughly.
- Remove the eggs from the wok and place them on a plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in the wok over medium heat. Add spring onions and garlic, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add rice into the wok and stir well.
- Stir in eggs, carrots, peas, soy and oyster sauce, and chili paste.
- Raise the heat and fry for a minute, stirring two to three times.
- Serve the rice immediately.