Total: 45 minutes
Prep: 30 minutes
Servings: 12 doughnuts
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups bread flour
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5tbs butter softened, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Fruity pebbles
- In a small bowl add crumbled yeast and a teaspoon of sugar. Add 2 tablespoons of warm milk and stir well. Set aside.
- Place two types of flour in a planetary mixer with a leaf hook. Add yeast mixture, remaining milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix at medium speed for about 10 minutes.
- Replace the leaf hook with a spiral hook and add softened butter. Let it mix until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Grease a large bowl with butter and transfer in the dough. Cover with cling film and let it rise for at least 2 hours. The dough needs to double its volume.
- Place the dough on a floured working surface and knead it for a minute or two. Roll it with a rolling pin, it should be 1cm thick.
- Make circles with stainless steel rings (8 cm in diameter), then use 3 cm rings to pierce the center of each circle.
- Transfer the doughnuts on a baking sheet and place it in the oven. Let the doughnuts rise for at least 40 minutes.
- Heat seed oil to 350 degrees and fry the doughnuts until golden on both sides. Place them on a kitchen paper and let cool.
- In a bowl mix powdered sugar and milk by using a fork until it is lump-free. Place fruity pebbles in another bowl.
- Dip one side of the doughnut in a white glaze, then dip it in fruity pebbles. Place them on a sheet (frosted side up) and let them dry for a few minutes.