This original recipe was created by Anne Mauney, MPH, RD as an “Egg Enthusiast” in partnership with the American Egg Board’s Egg Nutrition Center.
- 3 large EGGS, beaten
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon salt (omit if seeds are salted)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil (optional)
- 1/4 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 3 Tbsp. for sprinkling on top - shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (reserve the oil)
- 2 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. GREASE 8×10 (or similar) baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, STIR together the oats, flour, seeds, salt, spices, pepper, cheeses, and sun-dried tomatoes. ADD the eggs and oil and STIR until fully incorporated.
- PRESS the dough into the prepared baking dish in an even layer. SPRINKLE with remaining Parmesan cheese. BAKE for 25-30 minutes, until bars are firm and browned.
- REMOVE from oven and let cool completely. CUT into 12 bars and remove from pan. STORE in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month.