Total: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Prep: 35 minutes
- 3 large EGGS, hard-boiled (instructions below)
- 1 large EGG, beaten
- 2 lbs. Extra lean beef (93% lean)
- 1 cup Garlic herb bread or seasoned crumbs
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup Low-sodium ketchup, divided
- PLACE three eggs in a large pot and FILL with enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. BRING to a BOIL over medium heat, then REMOVE immediately from heat and COVER with lid for 12 minutes. DRAIN and FILL with cold ice water. Let eggs SIT in cold water for 15 minutes to COOL completely.
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. In a large mixing bowl ADD ground beef, bread crumbs, beaten egg, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, garlic and 1/4 cup ketchup. MIX by hand until evenly combined.
- DIVIDE the meat mixture in 2 halves. PLACE 1/2 of the mixture in a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan. PRESS with hands to fill the bottom of the loaf pan. ARRANGE the hard-boiled eggs evenly on top and then COVER with the rest of the meat mixture.
- BAKE for 20 minutes and REMOVE from oven. BRUSH top of meatloaf with 1/4 cup ketchup and RETURN to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- REMOVE from oven and brush with remaining ketchup. BAKE for another 10 minutes or until internal temperature of 160° F is reached. SLICE crosswise into six even pieces and SERVE.