This moist whole wheat banana bread is crowned with a crackly, crunchy cinnamon topping that solidifies banana bread’s position as both a breakfast and dessert food.
Total: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of cane sugar
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, cold and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 9”x 5” loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, eggs, sugar, yogurt, oil, and vanilla. Gently fold in 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Stir until just combined, then pour into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter. Mix until small crumbles occur. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container up to five days.