HOW TO DECORATE POLKA DOT EGGS
Polka dots aren’t just for yellow bikinis. They look great on eggs too! Follow these steps and tips to make eggtastic polka dot eggs.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 12 Hard-boiled EGGS, in shell
- Small plastic containers/bowls, for dying eggs
- Egg dye, various colors, tablets or droplets
- White vinegar
- Wire egg dipper
- Paper towels
- Jar lids
- Acrylic paint, various colors
- Pencil with an eraser
- DROP one egg dye tablet in each plastic container/bowl.
- FILL each container with about 1 teaspoon of white vinegar and ½ cup of water. FOLLOW instructions on egg dye kit, in case of different measurements. WAIT until tablets completely dissolve.
- DIP a hard-boiled egg in dye of your choice with egg dipper. LET EGG STAND in dye for several (up to 10) minutes, depending on desired color.
- LIFT egg out of dye and PLACE on paper towel to drain excess dye. TRANSFER to an upright position to finish drying.
- REPEAT steps 3 and 4 until all eggs are dyed in various colors.
- SQUEEZE several drops of acrylic paint (various colors) into jar lids.
- DIP eraser end of a pencil in paint.
- HOLD egg and PRESS eraser lightly on egg to form a dot.
- REPEAT steps 7 and 8 until all eggs are covered with polka dots. Let eggs dry.
Holding your egg and applying the dots at the same time can be difficult, so make yourself a little stand to hold up your egg while applying the dots. To make a stand, turn a paper cup upside down and cut a hole in the bottom. Place the egg in the hole and dot away!