BackHouse Marketing & Colorado Egg Producer’s (CEP) is Challenging the Firehouses of Adams County to cook against one another and create a winning food dish & video to win $$ for charity and free eggs. The winning firehouse will receive FREE EGGS for a YEAR and be given $2,500 to donate to a charity of their choice. Some examples of great charities are (Colorado Fallen Firefighters Foundation, Children’s Hospital, St Jude, etc)
The main premise of this event is to celebrate Colorado and its agriculture and bring awareness to the importance of eggs from our Colorado farms and Colorado Egg Producers and the significance of all the Colorado-grown agricultural products from Colorado Agricultural members of Colorado Proud.
We tie it all together by showcasing the cooking talents and fun spirits of our respected, loved, selfless Heroes… the Fire Fighters of Adams County!
Main Competition Details/Rules: ( more detail and specifics will be e-mailed after registration and contact information provided for questions)
- Each Firehouse will be provided a food box of Colorado-grown or raised food products curteosy of Colorado Proud. A flat of Eggs will be provided curteosy of Colorado Egg Producers. Each firehouse chef is to use as many of the food products as possible in their winning dish and must use eggs.
- Object of Cook-Off Competition will be to use Eggs and as many products as possible from the Colorado Proud food box to create an amazing food dish AND creative cooking video! What does Gordon Ramsrey say.. Presentation, Presentation… make the food dish look as appealing as possible and producing a great video doing it.
- There are some basic but important rules when creating these Firehouse masterpiece dishes: (video… video… video)
- Firehouse chef MUST use EGGS in their dish.
- Firehouse chef Must use as many of the products in the provided Colorado Proud food box in your dish and document how they were used in the dish.
- Firehouse must video segments of your firehouse chef preparing and cooking their winning dish and then submit a Final Video of the completed dish.
- Backhouse Marketing and CEP is looking for funny and creative videos, so do not be afraid to have some fun and be super creative. The video portion of the competition weighs very high in the competition so we want to see you showing off the Colorado Proud products and the Colorado Egg Producer EGGS!!!!!
- DATES: Must REGISTER on the website by October 14th – 10/14/2020
- Video(s) Submission deadline for production and final dish: 10/30/2020